Last Updated: November 29, 2016
What this policy applies to
This Policy applies to information we collect on our Website, through any electronic communications between you and BugReplay, and through our browser extensions. This policy does NOT apply to any information collected offline or through any third party, including through any application that may be accessible from our Website. If you submit information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. Please review the privacy policies of third parties prior to using their services.
Information we collect and receive
We collect and receive information about you by your voluntary submissions and automatically through cookie technology. A voluntary submission includes creating a recording or screenshot through our browser extension or providing any other information to or through the Website.
1. Information you give us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, as well as other information you directly give us on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
2. Third Party Integrations. You also may provide information to be published, displayed, or transmitted to other users of the Website or any other third parties using features such as shareable URLs and through integrations with third-party services, including, but not limited to, JIRA, Slack, and GitHub (collectively, “User Contributions”).The third-party provider of the integration may also share certain information about your account with BugReplay. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third-party services.
Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons, and we advise caution before choosing to enable or utilize any features or functions that allow you to share User Content with others.
3. Information we get from others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
4. Information automatically collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer when you visit our Website. For example, when visiting our Website, we log your computer's operating system type, browser type, IP addresses, browser language, the specific website you visited before and after browsing to our Website, pages you viewed, onsite behavior, access times and other similar information.
5. Information collected from our browser extensions. Through our Browser Extensions, we automatically collect the following information from you: browser type and version, operating system and version, and IP Address.
For example, even though you didn’t type your password during the recording, it may be listed somewhere in the network traffic. When you use the image editor provided on our Website, the images you edit will be stored on a third-party server (Adobe) for approximately 72 hours.
While the extension is not actively in use, we do not track or store any of your information (for example, we do not track which other websites you are visiting when the extension is not in use). When the extension is in use, we only record information from the tab on which BugReplay is active.
6. Information obtained through third-party login. BugReplay may allow you to bypass our registration process by logging in with your credentials for a third-party service (ex. Google). Pursuant to this Policy, by connecting to our Website with a third-party account, you permit us to access, store and use all information related to your third-party account that may be accessible to us. We store the minimum amount of information obtained from the third-party service (typically this would be name and email address). Also be aware that we are not responsible, nor can we control, the information-gathering practices of these third parties.
7. Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Website. This type of information is collected to make the Website more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
8. Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit BugReplay, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). We never share this information, and we use it only internally to improve the content of our Website and emails.
9. Analytics Tools. We use a tool called Google Analytics to collect information about users on our Website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve our Website. The analytics tool collects information such as how often a user visits our Website, which pages within our Website they visit, how long they stay on a certain page, and other similar information. We do not combine information collected through Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Since the purpose of our service is to record your data, we ignore DNT signals.
How we use your information.
We use your personal information as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Website.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, promotions, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages.
- To provide and deliver products and services customers request.
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information as follows:
- with your consent.
- for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- to comply with laws.
- to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- to protect the rights and property of Bugreplay Inc., our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and terms of service.
- in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.- with trusted third parties who help us operate our Website, so long as they agree to keep the information confidential.
How we protect your information.
All web data is encrypted in transit with SSL. All credentials (passwords, API keys) and network traffic logs are stored encrypted. All access to the servers are logged and multifactor authentication is required for access. Security updates to the servers are expediently applied. Please be advised, however, that use of the Internet comes with some risk. While we take reasonable efforts to safeguard your information, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that your information, during transmission to us through the Internet or while stored on our servers, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Protecting the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. Our Website and any services we provide are not directed to children under 13 years of age, and BugReplay does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 years of age is allowed to register for or use BugReplay or any services we provide. If you're concerned about your child's activities, please contact us at support(at)bugreplay.com.
Information choices and changes.
You can update your personal information in your account at any time on our Website. You may also send requests about your personal information using the Contact Information below, but please be advised that we may charge a reasonable fee, depending on the nature of your request.
If we send marketing emails, they will tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website works for you.